What is a Last Will and Testament?
The last will and testament is a legal document through which a person can converse his wishes and desires about whom he cares. It is mostly included in the estate plans that define the will of the owner for the division of property among the inheritances. It assures that your left behinds will be dealt according to your wishes.
How to write Last Will and Testament Template
Whenever you decide to write your last will or testament, first of all, think about your assets and also about the requirements for dealing with your assets. Consider the country laws for estate and other properties and also consider the changes of laws in the country. Consulting an attorney is the best option for making your document according to the law.
Following procedure can be used to write the last will and testament.
- Identify yourself in the document using the valid documents such as the name. Social security number, driving license, etc. for not to be confused with someone else.
- Include a declaration statement about your physical and mental health at the time of writing your will. The absence of it can reduce the authenticity if the document.
- Include a statement that nullifies all your previous wills if you have made earlier.
- Indicate that you are in a sound state of mind and all your decisions are not influenced by any other person or are not under any threat.
- State and declare your family and relations that you want to include in your last will.
- Define your assets that you owned legally and willing to divide in your loved ones.
- Write your division plan that you want to implement for your property and other assets.
- Include all your decisions about the beneficiaries that are alive or passed away before you.
- Sign your document in the presence of legal attorney and the witnesses.
Create your own Last Will and Testament Sample by using the following template,